Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10 Reasons We Are Thankful

Mom has been spending a lot of time this month telling us why she is thankful for us. I don't know why she feels the need to to do this every year at this time, but to be honest, I don't know why she does a lot of things (i.e. bathes regularly, eats lettuce, goes to work, pets the kitty...I could go on forever).

I think her random expressions of gratitude must be related to this human holiday called "Thanksgiving." That is a day when all of your human family comes over, cooks food, and yells at each other. Then, after a long day of napping and watching football, everybody says "thanks" and gives us lots of yummies. Last year, I got a whole heaping plate of sausage stuffing, corn casserole, pumpkin pie, and turkey (I would have preferred roast kitty, but beggars can't be choosers). It was sooooooo delicious!

The problem is, last year, I got so caught up in finishing my treats (and begging for more) that I forgot to say thanks to Mom. So this year, my brothers and sisters and I decided that we would say thanks ahead of time...just in case we get wrapped up in the excitement of the feast again. Plus, we want to make sure that we are in Mom's good graces when she doles out the turkey!
-Harrison
 
So here are 10 reasons that we are thankful this year:
 
1. "I am thankful that we don't have all of those puppies this year...more attention for me!"       
 -Harrison
 
2. "I am thankful that there are lots of squirrels in our yard." -Layla
2b. "...and I am thankful that Layla chases them away." -Harrison
 
3. "I am thankful that Harry is so gullible." -Miss Kitty
 
4. "I am thankful for cheese." -Lennon
"No Lennon, you have to list things that really matter and make your life better...duh!" -Harrison
"Fine. I am REALLY thankful for cheese." -Lennon
 
5. "I am thankful that I am allowed on the furniture." -Layla
 
6. "I am thankful that the weather is getting colder." -Ringo
 
7. "I'm thankful that we only have one kitty." -Harrison
 
8. "I am thankful that Mom and Dad rescued me." -Lennon
 
9. "I am thankful for my clean litterbox." -Miss Kitty
 
10. "We are thankful for our Mom and Dad and the warm loving home they give us!"
-Harrison, Layla, Ringo, and Lennon



My post feast nap on Mommy's lap
(she says my snore is really cute)

10 comments:

  1. Harry is just so gosh darn cute!!! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute guys! Great list of things to be thankful for :) Especially cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all just too cute! So many things to be thankful for all around. You have a great pack ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all pawsome reasons to be thankful guys and we are thankful for all of you!
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I am fairly certain that his snore is my favorite sound in the world.

      Delete
  6. Great list! I am thankful that we only have one kitty too! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love love love Lennon... its been very hard not putting in an App to adopt him:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good time of year to reflect on what you're thankful for! I love this idea and might do our own reflection next week. My favorites are 4, 5, and 8. I'm with Lennon, I love cheese!

    ReplyDelete